Safe Road Foundation is a non-profit, non-governmental organisation (NGO) registered under Indian Trust Act 1882, 12A and 80G (5)(vi) of the Income Tax Act 1961.
The Safe Road Foundation envisions itself as a community oriented social platform that creates awareness for road safety and takes positive action towards the prevention of road accidents. In this effort, it seeks partnership, co-operation and aid from Government Agencies, Non-Government Agencies, Corporate Sector, and Public- Private Partnerships.
The Safe Road Foundation is equipped to work across all areas of road safety, from studies, sample surveys and research projects to execution and implementation of the same.
‘Safe Road Foundation is dedicated towards smooth and safe journey with the ultimate vision of a future where no one is killed on roads, and the injury rate is practically reduced.’ We believe that no death on the roads should ever be acceptable. Use of the roads whether it be by walking, cycling, riding or driving should not carry the injury and death risk.
- Traffic Planning and Management – Smoother Safer and faster movement of traffic.
- Civilized Road Users – Sensitize about how to use road sensibly and safely.
- Victim Support – Easy access of emergency medical facilities. Follow up assistance to victims.
• Awareness through education and strategic enforcement.
• Innovative road safety program for individuals and communities.
• Lectures, Trainings, Seminars and Conferences.
• Traffic planning on road sharing concept in present and future scenario.
• Develop and produce/publish road safety educational material to suit road users.
• Research projects and programs, designed to discover the causes of traffic crashes.
• Victim supports – provide support to the victim and his family by providing advice, counselling for getting justice, insurance money and employment.
- Innovative in nature
- Customized activities according to need
- Psychological aspects always considered
- Advance technology is used if required
- Team of Social Scientist, Engineers and other domain experts
Safe Road Foundation came into existence after five years of in-depth research by its founder Mohammad Imran. He holds a Bachelors and Masters degree in Social Work from Jamia Milia Islamia. He has a wide range of national and international experience in the social sector. He strongly feels his two-year stint of working and living in the United Kingdom made him realise how much India needed to do and work upon in the Road Safety sector.
Meet the Team
Board of Advisers
Subhash Nagpal : Retd. Sr. IAS Officer
Ranbir K Chhabra : Lt Gen (Retd)
Saket Bansal : Entrepreneur
Sachin Diwaker : Entrepreneur (United Kingdom)
Haruka Kosaka : Writer/Editor (Japan)
Mohammad Imran : Social Worker
Neeraj Bhasin : Film Maker