- Always show due care and consideration for others.
- Use footpath where available and avoid being next to the curb with your back to the traffic.
- If there is no pavement, keep to the right-hand side of the road so
that you can see oncoming traffic. You should take extra care and be
prepared to walk in single file, especially on narrow roads or in poor
- Help other road users to see you. Use reflective material at night
and if reflective material is not available at least wear light/bright
- Do not let your young children go out on the road. When walking with you keep them other side of traffic and holding hands.
- When walking together should use a pavement if available; if one is not, you should keep to the left and single line.
- Pedestrians are not allowed on the Highways and expressways. Please
do not walk on Highways or Expressway unless it is an emergency.
- Find a safe place to cross and where there is space to reach the pavement on the other side.